Truth of Life

"The more garbage that happens to you, the better you are... Our lives are just vapor, that evaporates. So you'd better make use of what you've got."--Reginald Hill, September 5th 2002, lecture on Anglo-Saxon poetry techniques.

Monday, March 31, 2008

ugly day at work???

A man came into the bank last week. He walked up to my window to make a deposit and he said, "Hello, Scarface." I was a little caught off-guard and reached my hand up to my face a little bit, afraid that perhaps I had a blemish I had scratched and was now oozing out ugly. Or perhaps my whole appearance that day was a little off, it had been a while since I'd looked in the mirror. The man looked closer at my name-plate and announced that he had read my name wrong.

Today he came back to my window. I remembered him instantly. It's not every day that a beautiful girl such as myself is confused as "Scarface."

No comments: