Truth of Life

"The more garbage that happens to you, the better you are... Our lives are just vapor, that evaporates. So you'd better make use of what you've got."--Reginald Hill, September 5th 2002, lecture on Anglo-Saxon poetry techniques.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ten dollars. That was the cost of the movie last night. I paid ten dollars (plus my sister's ticket) to watch a two hour waste of my time on the big screen.

I hate to sound old womanish but I seriously remember the days when movies cost $2.50. Those were the days when child tickets and matinee prices were the same. Oh, to pay the child prices again.

But wasting ten dollars on a stupid movie was just horrible. I used to find Owen Wilson funny. And the kids were pretty funny. But the curly haired woman teacher was a stupid wench. She had no brains. Who writes these characters? Are there people like this in real life?

I've always thought of myself as a rather openminded movie-buff. But as my social life has become socially elite, my movie taste has also become rather selective. All I can say about last night is, I wish we'd been watching Juno.

No comments: