Truth of Life

"The more garbage that happens to you, the better you are... Our lives are just vapor, that evaporates. So you'd better make use of what you've got."--Reginald Hill, September 5th 2002, lecture on Anglo-Saxon poetry techniques.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Marge.

That was my name. I was Marge. I had a secret marriage to Tony and I was a struggling actor. That was my role.

On casting day, the director announced me as the understudy. Bridget had the real role. I would not get to play the part unless she got sick or she couldn't make it to the performances. But she flaked out, stopped going to school and I got the part.

I wasn't made to be an actor. I could tell this because of the awkwardness I felt on stage during that stint of stardom those seven years ago.

Truth be told, I couldn't cut it. Marge had a secret marriage to Tony. The two were in love. But the guy who played Tony was an annoying Freshman and I couldn't do it. I couldn't kiss him. I couldn't pretend to like him let alone love him. The fakeness of the whole acting thing just didn't work with me. I'm a bad liar, anyone who knows me could tell you that.

I suppose my childhood dreams of becoming a famous actress could never be actualized. Macaulay Culkin married someone else and then took alternative roles in movies. We were never meant to be.

I guess this all means nothing cuz in truth, I'm doing pretty well these days.

No comments: