Truth of Life

"The more garbage that happens to you, the better you are... Our lives are just vapor, that evaporates. So you'd better make use of what you've got."--Reginald Hill, September 5th 2002, lecture on Anglo-Saxon poetry techniques.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Failure

Sports stars and perfectionists around the world believe in five simple words: Failure Is Not An Option.

I am no such perfectionist. As I've come to realize that I, in fact, am not perfect, despite my stellar sense of humor and annoying organizational habits, I not the Supergirl I once thought I was. Yes, I may have the blonde hair and amazing blue eyes, but the cape hasn't fit me since I was about five and I can't fly.

This all came up because I didn't get accepted to the one grad. school I applied to. I was determined to attend Oregon. It wasn't too far away, had a liberal community in which I could settle, and it had a good reputation.

And now I am lost. It's happened before. What should I do next? My plans are so wide open that I might as well flip a coin or put all the options in a hat and draw.

I'm okay. I figure it'll all work out. I may not be cut out for a master's degree yet but my life is still sure to be interesting.

1 comment:

I guess that makes me the camel... said...

I'm sorry sweetie. You're path will unfold and you'll be great, but in the here and now, I'm sorry. You know, you could always come out east. Like say, Boston? I love you. I think you are great.