Truth of Life

"The more garbage that happens to you, the better you are... Our lives are just vapor, that evaporates. So you'd better make use of what you've got."--Reginald Hill, September 5th 2002, lecture on Anglo-Saxon poetry techniques.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bad Hair Day

This morning, my brother and his wife brought my niece over pretty early in the morning. I could hear her come into the house. She's not exactly a quiet or shy girl. I heard her ask a number of questions about me.

When I finally meandered out of my room, I was still in my PJs. I wore my glasses and hadn't done anything to my hair. My niece gave me a hug and then told me, "I don't like your hair." Granted, my hair was a little frazzled, sticking up in various spots. But she didn't need to TELL me just how bad it looked.

The truth is, over Thanksgiving Break, I went through a rather tragic hair cutting process. I started to look like Haley Mills. No joke. I'm talking about the bob from the original Parent Trap, the one that makes her look a bit like a mushroom head.

I'm hoping that my hair catastrophe will soon settle down, but for now, I grin through the terrible bashing from my three-year-old niece.

No comments: