Truth of Life

"The more garbage that happens to you, the better you are... Our lives are just vapor, that evaporates. So you'd better make use of what you've got."--Reginald Hill, September 5th 2002, lecture on Anglo-Saxon poetry techniques.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

don't touch my money!

Today my niece showed me her coin purse. It's about 2 inches deep and 2 1/2 inches long. It holds about 54 cents. She handed me this, her wallet, to look at. I started to open it up to count the change and she yelled out, "Put that back right now!"

Dude. Sorry. I didn't realize that our obsession with money starts at age 2. Then as she was leaving, I gave her a hug. After the hug, she checked her purse to see that her wallet was still there. Did she think I took it? Have I played "magic" tricks with her before?

Wow. That's all I can think. Wow. Money... an obsession... the thing most people end up fighting over... the bitch that has enslaved us all.

No comments: