Truth of Life

"The more garbage that happens to you, the better you are... Our lives are just vapor, that evaporates. So you'd better make use of what you've got."--Reginald Hill, September 5th 2002, lecture on Anglo-Saxon poetry techniques.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

meatballs and spiders

Last night, my sister called me. The latest in their Nampa home was her son's hysteria towards hobo spiders. Shelli had read on the internet about the horrible things these spiders could do and had shown the pictures to Spencer. While I was on the phone, I could hear him screeching. Nightmares were evident.

Tonight, I was forced to cook. Again. The 'rents won't eat unless I help out so I did. We had meatballs. I burned the roof of my mouth. And now I'm gulping down a Mike's Hard Lemonade to make my life feel a little more exciting.

No comments: