Truth of Life

"The more garbage that happens to you, the better you are... Our lives are just vapor, that evaporates. So you'd better make use of what you've got."--Reginald Hill, September 5th 2002, lecture on Anglo-Saxon poetry techniques.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

nuts and bolts

I grew up in the Bunn family. Bunn men own tools. My father owned a lot of tools. His garage is still a sea of various power drills and mini screwdrivers. But I was always the little princess. Tools never interested me. The only tools I have ever owned were a few hammers I bought to hang things on my wall. And there were the nails. Other than that tools are just foreign objects.

Until now.

Now I have a job. It's a job that requires power tools.

Now power tools don't really fit with Rece or what she stands for. In fact, Rece is very much against the type of work that requires such use of the hands. And yet, Rece is working at the factory. She's gotta get money to pay off those college loans somehow.

No comments: