Truth of Life

"The more garbage that happens to you, the better you are... Our lives are just vapor, that evaporates. So you'd better make use of what you've got."--Reginald Hill, September 5th 2002, lecture on Anglo-Saxon poetry techniques.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Work Wears

I never thought I would be the sort of person who stressed out about work or took work home with me. But as I have switched from job to job in the past few years, I have come to realize that work will always wear on a person unless the person is willing to do a poor job. My mother tends to be a workaholic. My sister and one of my brothers have been known to have similar work styles to those of my mom. My father is a recovering workaholic. With this kind of influence around me for so many years, it's a surprise I didn't work my way to a real career sooner.

My work is wearing on me. I've gotta fix that.

No comments: