Truth of Life

"The more garbage that happens to you, the better you are... Our lives are just vapor, that evaporates. So you'd better make use of what you've got."--Reginald Hill, September 5th 2002, lecture on Anglo-Saxon poetry techniques.

Monday, August 18, 2008

priorities

We all have priorities. Some of us choose family, friends, or fun. Some might choose partying, work, numbing the mind, or sitting at home.

I usually choose people. I surround myself with my family and friends. So I plan events and outings with the important people in my life.

My dad and I had plans tonight. We were going to watch the new Batman movie. But when I got off of work, I had a new text message. We needed to reschedule so my dad wouldn't miss his show. Nine PM every Monday night. One Tree Hill. To be honest, my entire family is invested in this addicting but somewhat unrealistic show.

But seriously. We had to cancel our outing to stay home and watch a RERUN on TV. I think the old man needs to take a good look at his priorities.

No comments: